The purpose of Access Washington is to promote public service to citizens and businesses by:
- Expanding business and citizen access to government services and government information;
- Offering an easy and convenient process to conduct online transactions with State government;
- Accelerating the delivery of quality online government services;
- Improving the level of customer service from State government; and
- Extending online government services to all citizens in Washington State.
Access Washington recognizes that it is necessary to include links to websites outside Access Washington control. The purpose of this section is to clearly state that the Access Washington website is not a public forum for communication and debate. Links to external Websites from the Access Washington pages are established and retained at Access Washington discretion. This page also provides guidelines on when links to external sources are inappropriate.
This section applies to the Access Washington website. Links to the following types of web pages may be included in Access Washington:
- Other Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - Access Washington may provide links to other federal, state, and local governmental units and educational institutions that provide services and information that Access Washington website users may find of interest.
- Private Organizations - Access Washington may provide links to private organizations if these organizations offer services that complement Access Washington's purpose, information and if the links meet the acceptance criteria stated in this section.
Access Washington provides links to websites that are not controlled, maintained, or regulated by Access Washington, and as such Access Washington is not responsible for the content of those websites.
Any information obtained from a website linked to from Access Washington is not guaranteed by Access Washington and the user should review the accuracy of any information before relying upon it. Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not represent endorsement or recommendation by Access Washington.
"External website" shall mean all websites other than Access Washington.
Using the following acceptance criteria, Access Washington will review every link and decide whether it is appropriate and relevant:
- The External website corresponds with the Purpose of Access Washington.
- The External website is appropriate with respect to the Purpose of Access Washington.
- Links to state agencies' websites are a principle means of meeting our Purpose and are generally accepted as appropriate.
- Links to social networking sites may be accepted as appropriate when associated with state agencies.
- An inappropriate External website may include, but is not limited to websites that:
- Exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Advocates or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- Lobby, advocate, or advance the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This may include sites of non-profit organizations;
- Promote or makes available adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials;
- Promote, oppose, or makes available weapons or gambling;
- Advocate for or against a candidate for public office or promote or oppose a ballot proposition.
Additionally, Access Washington reserves the right to deny links if it determines that a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the Purpose of the Access Washington website or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth in this section.